Barangaroo Delivery Authority Act
The Barangaroo Delivery Authority Act 2009 was established on 30 March 2009 to specify its functions; and to provide for other matters related to the development, use and management of Barangaroo.
The objects of the Act are:
- to encourage the development of Barangaroo as an active, vibrant and sustainable community and as a location for national and global business;
- to create a high quality commercial and mixed use precinct connected to, and supporting, the economic development of Sydney;
- to facilitate the establishment of Barangaroo Reserve and public domain land;
- to promote the orderly and sustainable development of Barangaroo, balancing social, economic and environmental outcomes; and
- to create in Barangaroo an opportunity for design excellence outcomes in architecture and public domain design.
Other Relevant Legislation
Other relevant legislation and Government links which can be found on the NSW Government Legislation website are listed below:
Legislation (Environment & Planning)
NSW Government Websites
Office of Environment and Heritage (previously called Department of Environment & Climate Change)