Barangaroo Delivery Authority Act
The Barangaroo Delivery Authority Act 2009 was established on 30 March 2009 to specify its functions; and to provide for other matters related to the development, use and management of Barangaroo.
The objects of the Act are:
- to encourage the development of Barangaroo as an active, vibrant and sustainable community and as a location for national and global business;
- to create a high quality commercial and mixed use precinct connected to, and supporting, the economic development of Sydney;
- to facilitate the establishment of Barangaroo Reserve and public domain land;
- to promote the orderly and sustainable development of Barangaroo, balancing social, economic and environmental outcomes; and
- to create in Barangaroo an opportunity for design excellence outcomes in architecture and public domain design.